Over the years, Honda has built numerous safety features and systems into their ATVs, all of which have proven very effective in reducing accidents and injury.
Proper riding gear is of the utmost importance to your safety. Honda strongly recommends that you always wear proper gear when operating your Honda ATV.
Click HERE for more Honda Gear information.
- It's a proven fact: Helmets significantly reduce the number and severity of head injuries. So always wear an approved helmet. We also recommend that you wear eye protection, sturdy boots, gloves and other protective gear.
- Pushing the limits is another major cause of ATV accidents. Never ride beyond your personal abilities or faster than conditions warrant. Remember that alcohol, drugs, fatigue and inattention can significantly reduce your ability to make good judgments and ride safely.
- For safe riding, it's important to inspect your ATV before every ride and keep your ATV well maintained as per the Honda recommended maintenance schedule. But it's just as important to observe the break-in guidelines, and perform all pre-ride and other periodic checks detailed in your owner's manual. We also recommend that you read your owner's manual before you ride. It's full of facts, instructions, safety information, and helpful tips.
- Never exceed load limits, and only use accessories that have been approved by Honda for your ATV. Always conduct a Pre-ride inspection before operating your Honda ATV.
- Click here for more Pre-ride information.
- Having a breakdown can be difficult, especially if you are stranded off-road far from your base. To help avoid problems, inspect your ATV before every ride and perform all recommended maintenance. If you have basic mechanical skills, you can perform some of the maintenance tasks with the tools provided with your ATV. Other tasks that are more difficult and require special tools are best performed by professionals.
- Attempting service or repairs without the proper training, tools, and equipment could cause injury to you or others. It could also damage the vehicle or create an unsafe condition. Any person, who intends to use a replacement part, service procedure or a tool that is not recommended by Honda, must determine the risks to their personal safety and the safe operation of the vehicle.
- If you need to replace a part, use genuine Honda parts. We strongly recommend that you do not use replacement parts of inferior quality. Remember that your Honda dealer knows your ATV best and is fully equipped to maintain and repair it.
- Click here for more Honda Service information.